This past week Brodi and I worked extremely hard on our video. There was a ton of takes and retakes but after basically an entire day we finished it up. I was the person on camera and Brodi did all the editing.  I think that our video is quite good and relays our message quite well. This upcoming week we will be watching everyone video and finishing up any lose ends before the class ends.


This past week we have started working on our posters that will be printed on Monday.  Our plan is to rent the equipment that we need to make the video this coming week.


This past week was the final countdown for our chapters. Brodi and I finished ours up and with the help of the writing center I think it is perfect. These upcoming days we will be working on our video showing what planned obsolescence is.


This past week Brodi and I have made lots of progress in starting our chapter. There is a video called The Light Bulb Conspiracy that gave us lots of information. We also gave our fellow students feedback on there chapters what we thought was wrong or what they could do better. Coming up in the next week we will get the assignment back that will contain what other students thought our mistakes were so we will fix our chapter before handing it in .


This past week we continued working on our research paper. Brodi and I started to find some sources that talked about planned obsolescence and are forming a rough draft of how we want our chapter to be laid out. This is definitely not the most important thing that happened in class. We had a conversation on wednesday about applying ourselves. So far my college career has been a little overwhelming. There is so much happening all the time. It is such a change from what i’m used to. That conversation made me realize that I can’t just write a paper then hand it in I need to proofread the hell out of it. Writing is definitely my weakness which is okay it just means I need to spend more time in that area. So far with the work that I have done I work on it but I always try to do to many things at once. For example I will be writing this assignment but also working on a math exam. This makes it so I don’t focus on one thing at a time. If I take the time to focus on one thing at a time and then once that one thing is done move on to the next the final outcome will be that I am producing much higher quality work instead a jumbled mess. This next bit might sound like a jumbled mess but the amount of responsibility that has been given to me as a college student was a lot less than I expected but at the same time it’s a lot more. I knew going into college that the responsibility to do well is all on you and you affect what your grade is in the class. As numb as it may make me seem that didn’t really set in until now. So to sum it up I need to change the way that I have been going about working on assignments for classes and change my studying techniques to best suit my strengths and weaknesses.


This past week we were working made our abstract. We meet up in the library and started to form a plan about what we wanted our chapter to contain and what the layout was going to be. Everything seems to be working out well and the chapter is starting to come together. Our plans for the future are to get a rough draft together then have us both proof read it then hand it in and see what others say about it.



The past week we were assigned our groups that we will be doing our research project with. We also selected what we are going to be doing. Brodie and I are partners and we are doing planned obsolescence. We have developed a plan that will explain what were talking about, when it was introduced, and what role it plays in today society. This coming week we are planning on getting together and getting our chapter typed up so it can be proofread and revised before being published.


This last week we did not have class but out annotated bibliography was due. After many hours of searching the library database I found multiple points that backed up the ideas I had developed earlier. In my opinion the best specs that I found was how to harvest timber whilst having the smallest impact on the environment. This method is called heli logging. Using a helicopter to transport the timber out of the forest to a landing. It is a very expensive method but it eliminates the need for roads which have a huge impact on the surrounding area. There were a lot of interesting ideas and sources available in the database.


This past week we started working on our three topics that we wanted our research paper to elaborate on. We came to class with some ideas in our minds then talked to a different partner about what we were thinking of doing and got their feedback. Then the other person would give us their idea and we would critique them. This helped narrow everything in and get it so there was one main idea. For myself I had one idea that covered too many categories so with the help of my partner I was able to narrow everything into a much more organized final product. Now we are going to start working on our annotated bibliographies using the library database.


This past week we did an activity where everybody goes around the room and put sticky notes on posters. Each poster that was located around the room had a different title production, consumption, marketing, etc. Our groups went around and brainstormed different ideas and put them up on the poster then when we went to another poster that had sticky notes on it we could do some organizing and move the ideas around. This activity gave an in depth look at the problem with stuff and also gave many different view points from many different people. This activity was so we could see all of the different aspects so when we go to wright our paper we can use this prior information to help see what interests us and start researching it.